The History of E.J. Harrison
E. J. Harrison & Sons was established in 1932 and is one of the oldest and largest privately owned trash collection businesses in the United States. Our philosophy is that people should not have to think about trash or recycling and that the collection be simple as possible to help people "to do the right thing." The company motto, "Service is Everything" has ensured success and longevity. Ralph Harrison is President and his brothers Jim and Myron serve as Vice Presidents.
E. J. Harrison & Sons is dedicated to providing superior customer service at reasonable rates. Our professional Customer Service and sales staff are ready to set up a solid waste collection and recycling program to meet each individual customer's need for complete satisfaction.
Today the company provides service to over 90,000 customers with residential, commercial, and industrial service. All customers are provided the opportunity to recycle over 21 different materials including newsprint, glass, cardboard, plastic and paper products.
The recyclables are taken to Gold Coast Recycling and Transfer Station where they are sorted, baled and sold for reuse. Ralph, Jim and Myron are sole owners and partners in this facility that also serves as a transfer station, materials buy-back center, self-haul disposal site and Household Hazardous Waste Collection center. Green waste recycling services are also provided and the material is taken to Agromin where it is processed and sold for reuse in agricultural products, fuel and landscape materials.
The company provides service to the County of Ventura as well as the Cities of Thousand Oaks, Camarillo, Ventura, Ojai, Fillmore and the City of Carpinteria in Santa Barbara County